The Erin Arts Centre is a celebrated performing arts venue, cinema and gallery situated in the beautiful seaside village of Port Erin. A registered charity and nonprofit organisation, we provide a diverse and dynamic programme of events for the Island community.
- A brand new community exhibition for the spooky season!
- All mediums welcome – painting, photography, sculpture, performance, etc.
- No age limit & no previous experience required.
- Deadline for applications is 4pm Friday 29th September.
- All work accepted will be on display in the Erin Arts Centre from Friday 13th October to Friday 17th November.
- Click the poster above to read more & apply online.
See the latest events on at the Arts Centre
Hire the centre for your own event or function
Volunteer to help out at the Erin Arts Centre
Support us by becoming a member
- Otherworld – a community exhibition for the spooky seasonWe are staging a community exhibition here at Erin Arts Centre, inviting open submissions from local artists, taking their inspiration from any aspect of the spooky season! All Hallows, All Saints, Hop Tu Naa, Halloween, Samhain, Day of the Dead, is a time of remembrance, of honouring the ancestors and the departed, a time when … Read more
- Port Erin Jazz Festival 2023Those hazy September days on the beach are stretching out towards autumn and there’s jazz in the air! The Port Erin Jazz Festival is back for a third instalment with a thrilling and eclectic lineup. Tickets will fly so get them quick! FRIDAY 6th OCTOBER – 7.30pm – ERIN ARTS CENTRE – TICKETS £20 ROBIN NOLAN TRIO (support from BLUE … Read more
- September at the EACHello Everyone and Welcome Back! We hope you’ve all had a lovely summer and are primed for the exciting new season of EAC events. We kick off the month with the King of the Waltz, Andre Rieu’s annual summer extravaganza, “Love is All Around”, screened from Vrijthof Square, Maastricht. Expect popular sing-alongs, sumptuous waltzes and dancing in the … Read more
- Mananan Festival 2023 – See You Next YearA fantastic and varied week of performances. Simon Armitage finally took the stage for a show originally scheduled for 2020 and cancelled in the pandemic. He began, appropriately enough, with his classic poem Thank you for Waiting and for the next hour took us on a journey that was by turns hilarious, poignant and profound. … Read more
- Mananan Festival 2023 – The Halfway PointFestival week has flown by so far! We’ve already heard from poet laureate Simon Armitage, musical manx female celebration Creeaght, excitable chamber ensemble A4 Brass and leading pianist Tim Horton, and we’ve still got RANT fiddle quartet, jazz-funk-blues locals Blue Vannin, visiting jazz cats The Harvey/O’Higgins Project and a wartime-romance book launch with Shirley Mann … Read more
|Tuesday||10.00am – 4:30pm|
|Wednesday||10.00am – 4:30pm|
|Thursday||10.00am – 4:30pm|
|Friday||10.00am – 4:30pm|
The Mananan International Festivals
Named after the mythological, Manx sea god, The Mananan International Festivals are our own, special, annual celebration of the performing arts. Established in 1975 by John Bethell, the June/July festival brings a diverse programme of music, drama, dance, spoken word and more, to the Arts Centre. Due to Covid restrictions, the 2020 event was cancelled. Watch this space for further announcements.
The Mananan Opera Festival takes place in September, welcoming a small, resident company to rehearse and perform a live opera on our intimate stage. Once again, due to Covid, the 2021 Opera (Mozart’s Cosi Fan Tutte) will not take place.
The Port Purlers Charity Knitting Group
We are delighted to have a home at the Erin Arts Centre. We meet on Tuesday afternoons from 2pm to 4pm in Harry’s Bar. Over the last nine years we have made thousands of garments which we have donated mainly to children’s charities including Chernobyl’s Children, Nobles Hospital, Bradford Royal Infirmary, Romanian charities, Graih, and Beekeepers in Burundi. We are always grateful for gifts of knitting yarn and suggestions of charities needing support. You can see some of our work for sale in the Gallery at the Arts Centre. Beginners, improvers and experienced knitters and crocheters are welcome to join this friendly group. Please contact Margaret Galloway for further information: Mobile 07624 456766 Home 01624 837946
Are you a book lover? Are you interested in sharing your views in a group of like-minded people? Then join the Book Circle. We have met once a month since October 2004 and are open to all. Meetings are on the first Wednesdays of each month from 1.30pm to 3.30pm.
The Art Club meets every Thursday in Harry’s Bar from 2pm-4pm to draw, paint and chat. Artists of all ability welcome.
We currently operate a dual membership for the ‘Erin Arts Club’ and ‘Friends of the Mananan Festival’ groups. This system is currently under review. If you are interested in joining, please contact us.
Phone +44 (0)1624 835858
Email [email protected]
The Erin Arts Centre
Victoria Square, Off Upper Promenade
Isle of Man IM9 6LD