The Erin Arts Centre is a celebrated performing arts venue, cinema and gallery situated in the beautiful seaside village of Port Erin. A registered charity and nonprofit organisation, we provide a diverse and dynamic programme of events for the Island community.
See the latest events on at the Arts Centre
Hire the centre for your own event or function
Volunteer to help out at the Erin Arts Centre
Support us by becoming a member
- Apply for the Young Singer of Mann 2023If you’re interested in the Young Singer of Mann 2023 competition, the application form is here! This is an amazing opportunity for singers aged 7-18 years to perform on the Erin Arts Centre stage in front of a public audience and a selected panel of judges. Singers will compete in either the Junior (7-12 years) [read more…]
- Postponed: Rushen Players Secondary Cause of DeathRushen Players are sad to announce the postponement of their November play, ‘Secondary Cause of Death’, at the Erin Arts Centre. Unfortunately, Covid has reared it’s ugly head again making rehearsal and preparation for the show impossible at this time. We are working with the EAC towards new dates in January 2023 and all current [read more…]
- Cancelled: La TraviataWe are very disappointed to announce that due to a technical problem, this Saturday’s scheduled screening of La Traviata live from the NY Met is cancelled. This is a popular show and we apologise unreservedly for the inconvenience caused. Anyone who has bought tickets will be refunded in full and we look forward to seeing [read more…]
- EAC Christmas Market 2022 is here!It’s approaching that time of year when we transform the EAC into a festive wonderland! The Erin Arts Centre will be hosting our Christmas Market on Saturday 3rd December, with doors open from 11am to 4.30pm. We’ll be taking you one step closer to a cosy Christmas with craft stalls, food & drink, and a [read more…]
- Young Singer of Mann 2023The time has finally come again – the Young Singer of Mann competition will be back with us in January 2023! This is an amazing opportunity for singers aged 7-18 years to perform on the Erin Arts Centre stage in front of a public audience and a selected panel of judges. Entrants are invited to [read more…]
|Tuesday||10.00am – 4:30pm|
|Wednesday||10.00am – 4:30pm|
|Thursday||10.00am – 4:30pm|
|Friday||10.00am – 4:30pm|
The Mananan International Festivals
Named after the mythological, Manx sea god, The Mananan International Festivals are our own, special, annual celebration of the performing arts. Established in 1975 by John Bethell, the June/July festival brings a diverse programme of music, drama, dance, spoken word and more, to the Arts Centre. Due to Covid restrictions, the 2020 event was cancelled. Watch this space for further announcements.
The Mananan Opera Festival takes place in September, welcoming a small, resident company to rehearse and perform a live opera on our intimate stage. Once again, due to Covid, the 2021 Opera (Mozart’s Cosi Fan Tutte) will not take place.
The Barbirolli International Oboe Festival and Competition
The Barbirolli International Oboe Festival and Competition takes place triennially, at the Erin Arts Centre, Isle of Man. One of the most prestigious oboe events in the world, it is named after the celebrated oboist and writer Evelyn Rothwell, Lady Barbirolli. Her vision to encourage a wider appreciation of the oboe, to advance excellence in playing and to expand the repertoire for the oboe is mirrored in an event which gives young emerging oboists the chance to compete for one of the coveted prizes whilst also participating in a week of recitals, masterclasses, ensembles and other activities.
Due to Covid restrictions, 2020’s event was cancelled and the next competition will take place in March 2023.
Lionel Tertis International Viola Festival & Competition
Lionel Tertis, the greatest viola player of the 20th century, died in February 1975, at the age of 98. A fund was set up with the primary objective of establishing an international Viola Festival to commemorate the work that he undertook for that instrument throughout his long and active life.
Such a competition would provide a unique incentive to the growing number of viola players all over the world who wish to pursue a solo or chamber music career. So the Lionel Tertis International Viola Festival & Competition was born.
This triennial event is now well-established and known throughout the musical world. Players of all nationalities are invited to take part in the competition, workshops and masterclasses. The event is administered by the Erin Arts Centre with funding from the Lionel Tertis Foundation and the Isle of Man Arts Council.
The next competition will take place in 2023.
The Port Purlers Charity Knitting Group
are delighted to have a home at the Erin Arts Centre.
We meet on Tuesday afternoons from 2.00pm to 4.00pm in Harry’s Bar. Over the last nine years we have made thousands of garments which we have donated mainly to children’s charities. These charities include, Chernobyl’s Children, Nobles Hospital, Bradford Royal Infirmary, Rumanian charities, Graih, Beekeepers in Burundi and now the Erin Arts Centre too. We are always grateful for gifts of knitting yarn and suggestions of charities needing support. You can see some of our work for sale in the Gallery at the Arts Centre.
Are you a book lover? Interested in sharing your views in a group of like-minded people? Then join the Book Circle.
The Book Circle has met once a month since October 2004 and is open to all Erin Arts Club members. Meetings are on Wednesdays from 1.30 to 3.30pm.
The Art Club meets every Thursday in Harry’s Bar from 2pm-4pm to draw, paint and chat. Artists of all ability welcome. Contact EAC for more details.
We currently operate a dual membership for the ‘Erin Arts Club’ and ‘Friends of the Mananan Festival’ groups. This system is currently under review. If you are interested in joining, please contact us.
Phone +44 (0)1624 835858
Email [email protected]
The Erin Arts Centre
Victoria Square, Off Upper Promenade
Isle of Man IM9 6LD