The Erin Arts Centre is a celebrated performing arts venue, cinema and gallery situated in the beautiful seaside village of Port Erin. A registered charity and nonprofit organisation, we provide a diverse and dynamic programme of events for the Island community.
See the latest events on at the Arts Centre
Hire the centre for your own event or function
Volunteer to help out at the Erin Arts Centre
Support us by becoming a member
They’re Back! Our new-look Young Singer and Young Musician of Mann Competitions are announced for January/February 2022
Sign Up Here!
- Covid MitigationIn line with the recent Government announcements, we are encouraging the use of face coverings at our events. We are also upping the amount of sanitiser throughout the building and encouraging people to use e-tickets or print their own tickets at home. We greatly appreciate the support that the IOM community has given us and [read more…]
- Applications are now open for the Young Singer & Young Musician of Mann 2022!They’re Back! Our new-look Young Singer and Young Musician of Mann Competitions are announced for January/February 2022 Young SingerFirst Round – Sunday 16th January 2pm (Juniors) & 7:30pm (Seniors)Final – Sunday 23rd January 2pm (Juniors) & 7:30pm (Seniors) Young Musician First Round – Sunday 30th January 2pm (Juniors) & 7:30pm (Seniors)Final – Sunday 6th [read more…]
- EAC’s Christmas MarketSomehow, it’s nearly that time of year again and as part of this year’s ‘Port Erins Countdown to Christmas,’ we’re hosting our Christmas Fair on Saturday December 4th, from 11am – 4.30pm.Come down and get yourself some quality, hand-crafted gifts and enjoy a drink and a mince pie, while the kids make a festive decoration [read more…]
- EAC’s 50th Anniversary SuccessWow, what a weekend that was! It was amazing to see so many of you enjoying yourself at the Centre. We’d like to thank all the local acts who made the Friday night event such a huge success, you all highlighted the incredible artistic talent that we have on the Isle of Man. Also, thank [read more…]
- We are 50 this weekend!It doesn’t seem possible but October 30th sees the 50th anniversary of the Erin Arts Centre! Come down and celebrate with us FRIDAY An informal evening of music, and entertainment, featuring stars from the Manx artistic community who have graced our stage over the years. Featuring: John Riley and members of the Festival Chorus, Manx [read more…]
|Tuesday||10.00am – 4:30pm|
|Wednesday||10.00am – 4:30pm|
|Thursday||10.00am – 4:30pm|
|Friday||10.00am – 4:30pm|
The Mananan International Festivals
Named after the mythological, Manx sea god, The Mananan International Festivals are our own, special, annual celebration of the performing arts. Established in 1975 by John Bethell, the June/July festival brings a diverse programme of music, drama, dance, spoken word and more, to the Arts Centre. Due to Covid restrictions, the 2020 event was cancelled. Watch this space for further announcements.
The Mananan Opera Festival takes place in September, welcoming a small, resident company to rehearse and perform a live opera on our intimate stage. Once again, due to Covid, the 2021 Opera (Mozart’s Cosi Fan Tutte) will not take place.
The Barbirolli International Oboe Festival and Competition
The Barbirolli International Oboe Festival and Competition takes place triennially, at the Erin Arts Centre, Isle of Man. One of the most prestigious oboe events in the world, it is named after the celebrated oboist and writer Evelyn Rothwell, Lady Barbirolli. Her vision to encourage a wider appreciation of the oboe, to advance excellence in playing and to expand the repertoire for the oboe is mirrored in an event which gives young emerging oboists the chance to compete for one of the coveted prizes whilst also participating in a week of recitals, masterclasses, ensembles and other activities.
Due to Covid restrictions, 2020’s event was cancelled and the next competition will take place in March 2023.
Lionel Tertis International Viola Festival & Competition
Lionel Tertis, the greatest viola player of the 20th century, died in February 1975, at the age of 98. A fund was set up with the primary objective of establishing an international Viola Festival to commemorate the work that he undertook for that instrument throughout his long and active life.
Such a competition would provide a unique incentive to the growing number of viola players all over the world who wish to pursue a solo or chamber music career. So the Lionel Tertis International Viola Festival & Competition was born.
This triennial event is now well-established and known throughout the musical world. Players of all nationalities are invited to take part in the competition, workshops and masterclasses. The event is administered by the Erin Arts Centre with funding from the Lionel Tertis Foundation and the Isle of Man Arts Council.
The next competition will take place in 2023.
The Port Purlers Charity Knitting Group
are delighted to have a home at the Erin Arts Centre.
We meet on Tuesday afternoons from 2.00pm to 4.00pm in Harry’s Bar. Over the last nine years we have made thousands of garments which we have donated mainly to children’s charities. These charities include, Chernobyl’s Children, Nobles Hospital, Bradford Royal Infirmary, Rumanian charities, Graih, Beekeepers in Burundi and now the Erin Arts Centre too. We are always grateful for gifts of knitting yarn and suggestions of charities needing support. You can see some of our work for sale in the Gallery at the Arts Centre.
Are you a book lover? Interested in sharing your views in a group of like-minded people? Then join the Book Circle.
The Book Circle has met once a month since October 2004 and is open to all Erin Arts Club members. Meetings are on Wednesdays from 1.30 to 3.30pm.
The Art Club meets every Thursday in Harry’s Bar from 2pm-4pm to draw, paint and chat. Artists of all ability welcome. Contact EAC for more details.
We currently operate a dual membership for the ‘Erin Arts Club’ and ‘Friends of the Mananan Festival’ groups. This system is currently under review. If you are interested in joining, please contact us.
Phone +44 (0)1624 835858
Email [email protected]
The Erin Arts Centre
Victoria Square, Off Upper Promenade
Isle of Man IM9 6LD