The Erin Arts Centre is a celebrated performing arts venue, cinema and gallery situated in the beautiful seaside village of Port Erin. A registered charity and nonprofit organisation, we provide a diverse and dynamic programme of events for the Island community.
See the latest events on at the Arts Centre
Hire the centre for your own event or function
Volunteer to help out at the Erin Arts Centre
Support us by becoming a member
- June NewsletterThe sun’s out, there are bikes buzzing round the Island and it’s Mananan Festival month! What more could you ask from early summer? We begin with the last opera screening of the current season from the New York Met and it’s the one everyone’s been waiting for! One of opera’s most beloved works, Die Zauberflote (The [read more…]
- New event for this year’s Mananan FestivalWe’ve added a final event to this year’s Mananan Festival to wind down on Sunday afternoon. FREE EVENT The award-winning war novelist Shirley Mann, will be talking about and signing copies of her new book, ‘Bridget’s War,’ as the final event of this year’s festival. The book features a policewoman in the Rushen Internment Camp [read more…]
- Mananan Festival – tickets on sale now!Tickets for this year’s Mananan Festival are now on sale! Head over to https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/erinartscentre to book your seats for this incredible collection of events.
- Mananan Festival 2023We have a fantastic lineup for this year’s Mananan Festival and tickets are now on sale to Friends of EAC members using the priority booking code. If you are a member and have not received the code, please get in touch with us at [email protected] or on 01624 835858. Tickets will be on general sale [read more…]
- Upcoming Authors’ Talk: “Ravens’ Nests & Spring Tides”“Ravens’ Nests & Spring Tides” – writing about place and nature in Iceland and the Isle of Man Author talk by Dr Sarah Thomas and Dr Fiona Gell Wednesday 19 April 7.30pm Book tickets online: https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/erinartscentre Authors Sarah Thomas and Fiona Gell have written about two very different places – Iceland’s Westfjords and the underwater [read more…]
|Tuesday||10.00am – 4:30pm|
|Wednesday||10.00am – 4:30pm|
|Thursday||10.00am – 4:30pm|
|Friday||10.00am – 4:30pm|
The Mananan International Festivals
Named after the mythological, Manx sea god, The Mananan International Festivals are our own, special, annual celebration of the performing arts. Established in 1975 by John Bethell, the June/July festival brings a diverse programme of music, drama, dance, spoken word and more, to the Arts Centre. Due to Covid restrictions, the 2020 event was cancelled. Watch this space for further announcements.
The Mananan Opera Festival takes place in September, welcoming a small, resident company to rehearse and perform a live opera on our intimate stage. Once again, due to Covid, the 2021 Opera (Mozart’s Cosi Fan Tutte) will not take place.
The Port Purlers Charity Knitting Group
We are delighted to have a home at the Erin Arts Centre. We meet on Tuesday afternoons from 2pm to 4pm in Harry’s Bar. Over the last nine years we have made thousands of garments which we have donated mainly to children’s charities including Chernobyl’s Children, Nobles Hospital, Bradford Royal Infirmary, Romanian charities, Graih, and Beekeepers in Burundi. We are always grateful for gifts of knitting yarn and suggestions of charities needing support. You can see some of our work for sale in the Gallery at the Arts Centre. Beginners, improvers and experienced knitters and crocheters are welcome to join this friendly group. Please contact Margaret Galloway for further information: Mobile 07624 456766 Home 01624 837946
Are you a book lover? Are you interested in sharing your views in a group of like-minded people? Then join the Book Circle. We have met once a month since October 2004 and are open to all. Meetings are on the first Wednesdays of each month from 1.30pm to 3.30pm.
The Art Club meets every Thursday in Harry’s Bar from 2pm-4pm to draw, paint and chat. Artists of all ability welcome.
We currently operate a dual membership for the ‘Erin Arts Club’ and ‘Friends of the Mananan Festival’ groups. This system is currently under review. If you are interested in joining, please contact us.
Phone +44 (0)1624 835858
Email [email protected]
The Erin Arts Centre
Victoria Square, Off Upper Promenade
Isle of Man IM9 6LD